Here is the first teaser of the Norse Projects x Hideout x Barbarian Co-lab releasing May 14th exclusively at London’s Hideout store and the Norse store in Copenhagen.
Late last year Norse Projects took contact to one of our favorite partners and personal friends, Michael Kopelman of Hideout in London regarding teaming up to create a unique item together. After thinking for a while Michael came up with the idea to make a real rugby shirt, in the best possible quality. This meant that teaming up with a genuine rugby gear manufacturer was esential
After researching the rugby market we decided to work with Canadia- based Barbarian Rugby Wear to produce a small line of polos designed for and by Norse Projects and Hideout.
Barbarian has been producing the finest custom made rugby shirts since 1981 made for genuine rugby players using only fibers of North American orgin.
Technical info about the shirts:
– Underarm reinforcing patches sewn with a zigzag-stitch for added durability.
– Rubber buttons for safety are attached with a cross stitch.
– Placket protected by 4 pieces of heavyweight cotton herringbone tape, assembled with single- needle lockstitch precision.
– Collar is 8.5-ounce twill, triple-stitched with 3/4″ reinforcing tape for extra strength.
– Semicircular reinforcing patch at the back of the neck.
– Overlocked seams with large bite using heavy-duty thread at twelve stitches to the inch
– Two bar tacks prevent placket from gaping open.
– Shirt bottoms are finished with two-needle cover seam stitch to provide full drape and prevent turn over.
– Lycra® plaited seamless cuffs attached with two-needle overlock stitch for exceptional shape retention.
– Full-cut tapered sleeve for maximum comfort.