With the launch of the Apple iPhone 5 and new iPods last week, we now have the Official release of iOS 6 for the rest of the world. Less of a huge jump than iOS 5 and more of a refinement, iOS 6 brings some much expected changes that makes life easier for all of us. What I think will be most beneficial to us at SLAMXHYPE, and our readers, is the Passbook app. The Mobile payment app, while still in its infancy, is sure to make life easier which allows you to store your boarding pass, hotel reservations, gift cards, etc. In the future, if your flight gate changes or there is a delay, a notification will be pushed to your iOS device. The updates started rolling out across the world at 10AM PST, you can update by going to settings/general/software update, on your iOS device.
Other notable updates include:
- Maps is now visually beautiful with spoken turn-by-turn directions
- Siri has more features like sports stats and movie reviews, and more
- Facebook/Twitter is even more integrated throughout iOS
- FaceTime now works on Cellular networks, not just Wi-Fi
- Camera Panorama, you can now take panoramic shots with the native camera app
For a more in-depth look head over to Apple.