Apple iPhone 5 Officially Announced
Following months of speculation, Apple has officially announced its newest iPhone, which does in fact go by the numerical title of iPhone 5. The numerous leaked photos were accurate, the new iPhone is all glass and aluminum, 7.6mm thick and 18% thinner than the 4S. Another exciting aesthetically is the larger 4-inch display, which will allow for another row of icons on your home screen. The most exciting thing to most is the addition of LTE, “ultra fast wireless” is what Apple is calling it, in the U.S. AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint will all be supporting LTE. Scroll through the gallery above to see photos from the keynote, provided by Engadget.
Short List of features:
-Battery life has exceeded the 4S with 8 hours of 3G or LTE talk time/browsing or 10 hours on WIFI
- 8-megapixel sensor, a 5-element lens and f/2.4 aperture. Same as the iPhone 4S but thinner, dynamic low-light mode.
- Shared Photo Streams (You can share a set of images with your friends)
- Panoramic shots (28 megapixel image)
- FaceTime over Cellular Networks
- ‘Lightning’ Connector (Improved durability, reversible, 80% smaller)