Nike Implements Twitter RSVP System For Sneaker Releases
If you’re a sneakerhead, prepare yourself for the following information overload. Nike is set to debut a new Twitter RSVP system for sneaker releases. To start, simply follow the Twitter feed of your nearest Nike Store or NikeTown retail point. Prior to a major release, Nike will inform potential buyers of a designated date for RSVP. On the said date, stores will begin tweeting time for the RSVP process to begin. Once the RSVP starts, potential buyers much Direct Message the store within 60 minutes and include:
1> Product Specific #Tag Sent Out By The Store
2> Last 4 Digits Of Your ID – State, Passport, Military, or School
3> Your Shoe Size
RSVP confirmation will be in the form of Direct Message from the store to you. Similar to an actual line-up, all sizes will be available via a “first respond, first serve” basis. Customers with confirmed RSVP must present identification and pick up their product in person on the day of the launch.
With the introduction of the Twitter RSVP system, Nike will also ban all midnight in-store releases, in turn, eliminating all line-up and camp-out. While the new procedure only accounts for Nike retail locations and not third-party outfit such as Foot Locker, it is the label’s way to ensure fairness and the safety of its consumers.
The new Twitter RSVP system will start tomorrow, April 19th, as Nike gets ready to launch the Air Jordan XII Retro “Playoffs” on April 21st. For detailed instruction and a list of Nike Store/NikeTown Twitter Accounts, simply see the full disclosure below.
Nike Store Launches – Twitter RSVP
Twitter RSVP is used to help manage product launches at Nike Stores. Follow your local Nike Store on Twitter for launch announcements and frequent updates.
The Twitter RSVP Process:
- On the RSVP date, our store will send a tweet at a random time to begin our Twitter RSVP process, including a product specific hashtag (#tag).
- Once registration is open, you must Direct Message(“DM”) the store within 60 minutes. The DM must include:
- The product-specific #tag tweeted by the store
- The last 4 digits of your State/Passport/Military/School ID number
- Your shoe size (limit one).
- Confirmations from the store will be sent via DM to those who have successfully secured their requested size. Shoes will be awarded on a “first respond, first serve” basis.
- Confirmed recipients must pick up their product (in person w/ identification) from the store on the day of launch. Unclaimed product will be announced on Twitter and will be re-released at the store’s discretion.
How do you properly RSVP through DM?
- Step 1: Make sure you are following the stoe Twitter account in order to send a DM.
Note: Nike does not need to follow you because its Twitter accounts are verified
- Step 2: Watch for the store to send a RSVP tweet at a random time on the designated RSVP day.
Example Tweet: Twitter #RSVP is now open for the Air Foamposite One.#Electrolime
- Step 3: you respond with a DM to the Nike store Twitter account.
Example DM: #Electrolime, 4253, 10.5 = [unique #tag], [last 4 digits of ID], [shoe size]
- (For more information about sending a DM, see the Twitter Help Center.)
Twitter RSVP Terms and Conditions:
- One item allowed per person, even if you receive two confirmations of successful registrations. Abuse of this rule may result in denial of purchase or entry to future launches.
- Confirmed recipients must provide a valid ID that matches the last 4 digits used for RSVP.
- Size cannot be changed once it has been confirmed to a person through Twitter RSVP.
- Resell or trade of Twitter RSVP confirmation is prohibited.
- Twitter RSVP confirmation is not transferable and not redeemable for cash or for credit towards any purchase.
- Lines will not be allowed to form outside the store for this release.
- Launch process is always subject to change at any time at the discretion of Nike, Inc.
|Store Name||City||State||Twitter Handle|
|Nike Las Vegas||Las Vegas||Nevada||@NikeLasVegas|
|NIKETOWN Los Angeles||Beverly Hills||California||@NikeLA|
|Nike Mall of America||Bloomington||Minnesota||@NikeMallAmerica|
|NIKETOWN New York||New York||New York||@NikeNYC|
|Nike Roosevelt Field||Garden City||New York||@NikeRooseveltFD|
|NIKETOWN San Francisco||San Francisco||California||@NikeSF|
|Nike Santa Monica||Santa Monica||California||@NikeSantaMonica|
|Nike Running Bay Street||Emeryville||California||@NikeBayStreet|
|Nike Running Eugene||Eugene||Oregon||@NikeEugene|
|Nike Running Fashion Island||Newport Beach||California||@NikeFashionIsl|
|Nike Running Fashion Valley||San Diego||California||@NikeFashionVal|
|Nike Running The Grove||Los Angeles||California||@NikeTheGrove|
|Nike Running Lenox Square||Atlanta||Georgia||@NikeLenoxSquare|
|Nike Running South Coast Plaza||Costa Mesa||California||@NikeSCPlaza|
|Nike Running Stanford||Palo Alto||California||@NikeStanford|
|Nike Running Westchester||White Plains||New York||@NikeWestchester|
|Nike Running Westfarms||Farmington||Connecticut||@NikeWestfarms|
|Nike Running Westport||Wesport||Connecticut||@NikeWestport|