SlamXSounds: 10 New Artists To Pay Attention To In 2014
A new year means New Years resolutions, and while most people resolve to get in shape, spend less money, or finally break up with their terrible significant other, yours should be to follow these 10 musicians — not only do they all make great music, they’re set to have huge years.
- Blood Orange aka Dev Hayes makes the kind of music that gets artsy Downtown NYC scenesters off their iPhones and onto the dancefloor. And now that he’s relocated from the UK to fair NYC, he’s set for a big a big 2014.
- Melo-X is Brooklyn’s most creative MC. His rhymes, his music videos, his personal style, he’s always out-of-the-box and entertaining.
- Banks may look like a model, but the Los Angeles songstress has some sensuous pipes.
- Ab-Soul may not be the newest of faces, but he and his Black Hippy brethren are trying to drop a ridiculously ambitious number of albums next year. They go hard.
- FKA Twigs and her music is uber-sexy without having to grind up on dudes like Miley Cyrus.
- Party Supplies crushed the beats for Action Bronson’s Blue Chips 2 and he makes his own eclectic music as well.
- Twin Shadow has never heard a song he can’t cover or remix.
- Sampha collaborated with Drake on “Too Much”, but the piano-playing singer deserves his own, solo shine.
- Solange aka Beyoncé’s little sister can sing and dance just like her sister, just in a less pop-y way.
- MS MR make mysterious, ethereal music that as hard to describe as it is to stop listening to.
Listen to the whole mix below, then follow it on Spotify.