You can be forgiven for feeling a little over all the Olympic hype, but when the games begin the hype is replaced with the action. Nike as always are a key supplier of apparel and innovation to athletes at the games – this special Bespoke offering of Nike Sportswear’s classic M65 jacket is one of the more patriotic touches in support of the home athletes.
Each jacket is custom made for a different UK athlete with special messages for the medal hopes, alongside the Union Jack and a clean white finish.
- For Marathon World Record Holder Paula Radcliffe, the message reads “Be the best you can be each day”
- For Dai Greene, the 400m hurdles European,Commonwealth and World Champion, the message reads “100% effort, 100% of the time”
- The mantra for UK 400m hurdles National Champion Perri Shakes-Drayton is “Train hard. There are no short cuts”
- To Distant runner and 1500m World Championship Silver Medalist Hannah England, its “Every rep. Every session. Every race”
- Current British record holder for pole vault, Holly Bleasdale, lives by “Believe in yourself and magic will happen”
- Another 500m World Champion, Mo Farah, dishes some tough love with “Go hard or go home”
- Chicago Bull’s Forward and member of this year’s NBA All-Star team, Luol Deng insists on “I’ll return to deliver”
- Then there is the fastest man in the world on two wheels, cyclist Mark Cavendish, who employs a simple slogan “Remain the fastest. Stay the greatest”