According to statista.com, there were over 4.57 billion active Internet users in the world as of July 2020 — and in the aftermath of the COVID pandemic, we will probably be seeing the numbers go higher. And this means that there is sure to be an even stronger demand for a whole range of online services — especially those facilitating the exchange of information online.
So, what do you do if you need to send a large file or folder to a colleague or share photos and videos with friends? There are lots of ways to send gigabytes of data over the internet, but there is one platform in particular that makes the process delightfully effortless. Enter FileWhopper.
What Is FileWhopper?
FileWhopper is a specialized tool for transferring large files and folders online. What sets FileWhopper apart from similar platforms is that you can send files and folders of any size (there is no max size limit) and you don’t have to sign up for a monthly subscription to the service — you simply pay for the file or folder that you need to transfer (the price is based on the size of the said file or folder). This makes FileWhopper a great choice for those users who need to make occasional file transfers and for whom committing to a long-term subscription simply wouldn’t make financial sense.
Who Is FileWhopper For?
FileWhopper is for everyone. The platform has been designed to be simple and is really straightforward to use. Once on the website, you will be taken through each step of the process and will be able to quickly and safely send your file or folder. Thus, FileWhopper should be a good fit for anyone who simply needs to send data over the internet. With that said, the platform may be a particularly good fit for freelancers as it gives you the option to choose who will be paying for the file transfer: the sender or the recipient. This can make billing much easier as freelancers won’t have to spend time calculating file transfer costs and adding them to the invoices.
FileWhopper’s Best Features
There are quite a few things that make FileWhopper stand out from similar services. But here’s the summary of what makes it convenient for most internet users:
- Clear, user-friendly interface. FileWhopper is really easy to use, and you will be guided through every little step:
First, you locate the file or folder you want to send on your PC and select it.
Next, you get a size-based price quote for the transfer (remember that you can choose who pays for the transfer — you or the intended recipient).
FileWhopper’s tiny app will then help you with the file upload process — don’t worry, it will auto-delete once the upload is complete.
You receive a link to the file or folder you’ve uploaded — you can now share it with the recipient, and they can start downloading right away!
- Safe and secure transfers. Your data is duly protected during the transfer process. It is secured with a password, and a unique ID is created to identify it so that no file or folder names are used. Any personal information that is exchanged during the transfer is kept on secure servers with no third-party access.
- No file size limits. FileWhopper does not set a limit for the size of the file or folder that you want to transfer — and this means more flexibility and lots of time saved as you won’t need to look for creative ways to shrink your files to get them across the web.
- Flexible payments. One of the best things about FileWhopper is that you make a one-time payment for your transfer and that’s it — you don’t have to purchase a subscription. Plus, you can also choose who pays for the transfer. This can be a very useful feature for freelancers — they can simply ask their clients to pay for the file transfer when sending their work instead of overcomplicating the billing process.
- No bulky software. As mentioned above, all you need to send files with FileWhopper is a small app that will delete itself when it’s no longer needed. Thus, you won’t have to deal with hefty programs occupying valuable storage space on your PC and won’t need to spend time searching for them and removing them from your system manually.
- Quick and efficient transfers. With FileWhopper, the recipient of your file or folder can start downloading it as it’s being uploaded on your side — there is no need to wait for the upload to be complete. Naturally, this saves both parties lots of time. Moreover, should your Internet connection be interrupted, the transfer will be paused and then pick up from where it left off – there is no need to start over.
- Extra functionality on demand. FileWhopper is quite straightforward in the service that it provides — but if you need extra features, this can be arranged as well. As an example, for an additional fee, you can transfer your file or folder to multiple recipients (up to 6) at once.
- A free 5GB transfer for first-time users. If you are a new user, you get to make your first transfer on FileWhopper (up to 5GB) for free. This can be a simple and safe way of getting introduced to the service and checking if it’s a good fit for what you want to be accomplished.
Why Use FileWhopper?
With a lot of companies moving their operations online and giving their employees the option to work from home (recent research by Stanford University has shown that “almost twice as many employees are working from home as at work” in the US), we are sure to welcome more active online users in the nearest future. Naturally, this means lots of online activity — including file sharing and exchanging other data. FileWhopper makes transferring large amounts of data online a breeze — whether you are sending an assignment for school, a project or presentation for work, or photos and videos from your latest adventure to your family. It’s a simple, quick, and convenient file transfer service that can help us efficiently adjust to the new reality of remote working and learning.