Confusing words-We use some words in place of each other that sound similar to each other. We always get confused in these words. These words have different meanings but sound identical. This article is especially for you if you do not see any difference in the phrase depilation and epilation.
We have listed down some more words like them to make you learn their actual meanings.
Depilation or epilation
These both words refer to the process of removing unwanted body hair.
- Depilation means to remove hair just at the surface without damaging the follicles. Depilation does not destroy the structure of the hair. We use razors or different hair removal creams for the process of depilation. Its effect will last only for a few days.
- Whereas epilation means to remove body hair entirely, in this process, we remove hair entire below the skin. Our hair follicles get damaged In this process. We do waxing, lasering, sugaring, and other procedures in this process. It’s effect for several weeks.
Confusing words Psychotherapist/ psychologist/ psychiatrist
- It can be a psychologist or psychiatrist depending upon their qualification. The psychotherapists help people to overcome their light or moderate problems like depression, eating disorders, psychosomatic, and phobias.
- A psychologist is an expert in psychology who has a Ph.D. in psychology. The psychologists usually work in only one sphere of psychology like child psychology. They typically deal with healthy people.
- Psychiatrists are the one who has a medical degree. They got specialized in mental disorders and their treatments.
These both products help us fighting against lousy body odors. But these are two different products and have different aims.
- We use deodorant to control bad odors that appear in our armpits. Deodorants also act antiseptic and affect bacteria.
- An antiperspirant clogs our pores and even blocks sweating.
Confusing words Disinfection/ sterilization
- Disinfection: It is the process of reducing harmful microorganisms and bacteria’s from inanimate objects and surfaces. This process includes wiping the surfaces, boiling, siring, shaking, and using such substances to clean up the surfaces like chlorine, alcohol, etc.
- Sterilization: In this process, we kill the microorganisms, does not matter if these microorganisms are harmful or not. This process includes radiation, thermal treatment, filtration, and even uses gaseous and liquid substances to kill them.
We use these products to hide the imperfections on our face.
Concealer: It is used to conceal the tiny blemishes. It works on under-eye bags. We can also use it to highlight the contour your lips. It is translucent, and we apply it after the foundation.
Corrector: We use it to deal with pigmentation, pimples, or red spots. It is very thick and available in many different tones like green correctors for red pimples. The corrector gets always applied before foundation.
The airport is the runway and the shops inside the docks. It is the taxiways for the aircraft and everything related to the runway of the aircraft.
The airfield is the runway or the taxiway that does not involve any terminals or anything in that building.
Hair conditioner/ hair balm
Hair balm protects our hair and enriches them. Useful elements are contained in the hair balm-like oils and minerals that smoothens our hair. We can apply hair balm to the whole surface of our hair even roots. After using this, we wait for 4-5 minutes.
Conditioner protects our hair from the harmful influences of our environment and also from thermal treatments. It covers the keratin particles with a protective layer of it by gluing the particles together. We do not apply the conditioner on the roots of the hair, and we need to wash it immediately after using it.
Herbs/ seasonings/ spices
Herbs are the products by which we add odor to dishes. Herbs can be roots, fragrant leaves, or some vegetables that we add to our meals. It can be bitter, spicy or hot. Usually, we call herbs as spices.
Seasonings include both herbs and spices. Examples of condiments are sauces, ketchup, and dry spices.
Spices are the flavors that we add to a dish which change the taste of the recipes and even their texture. Some examples of spices are baking soda, alcohol, gelatin, licorice, and boric acid.