A growing number of people are becoming aware of the benefits of getting for payday loans in Ontario, click here. However, payday loans also have their own share of drawbacks. It is crucial to understand what a payday loan actually is and how it works in order to assess both its pros and cons and then make a well-informed decision if whether they are a good option for you.
What are Payday Loans?
A payday loan is a short-term loan that needs to be repaid in full at a certain date. Originally, these loans were designed to help people stay on top of their financial challenges that would usually begin one or two weeks before their payday. However, now payday loans have diversified, so people can now borrow money for several months.
What payday loans have in common is that they are quite expensive, meaning the interest is quite high for a short period of time. Because the failure of paying the amount back in time could greatly affect your credit score and your rating, you need to be absolutely sure that you can afford to take a payday loan.
Let’s take a closer look at the benefits and drawbacks of getting a payday loan in Ontario.
Pros of Payday Loans
- You can get the loan anytime: most payday loan in Ontario can be accessed 24/7. Since they are available online, you can easily get one by simply staying on your couch in the living room, in front of your laptop or on your smartphone. If you need money quickly, payday loans are exactly what you need.
- No credit score check: another great benefit of payday loans is that you can take one even if you have a low credit score. While common credits are only given to people with a good and very good credit score, payday loans in Ontario can be accessed by anyone, regardless of credit score. If you have done some mistakes in the past and were unable to pay your loans, thus getting a lower credit score, you can take a payday loan without any problems.
- No collateral: all banks require collateral for standard loans. That includes properties, cars, other bank accounts or other assets you possess. In most cases, taking a standard loan is risky, as you can lose your house or car. However, payday loans are given to people, even if they don’t possess a house or a car.
- No waiting time: for a standard bank loan, you might need to wait in line and spend precious time at the bank. Conversely, you can take a payday loan from the comfort of your home without wasting your time traveling to a physical location. You can take a loan within minutes. Moreover, the cash is sent your way instantly. You can withdraw the money within hours after your loan has been approved.
- Gradually increase the amount you get: if you take payday loans in Ontario from the same company, you’ll notice how you’ll be able to take increasingly more money as time passes by if you repay in due time and you are a serious customer they’ll treat you like a VIP.
Cons of Payday Loans.
- Additional fees for late-payments: in case you cannot repay in time all the amount, you might have to face the disturbing truth, which is very high fees. Those fees also grow by the day, so you may end up paying 500% of the amount you took from the lender.
- Certain security issues: another drawback of payday loans is that there are many companies that might have hidden policies. With so many unknown companies offering payday loans out there, the risk of security breaches is quite high. It is imperative to work only with companies that are trustworthy and have established themselves as proven lenders of payday loans in Ontario.
Taking up a payday loan could prove to be the best decision you’ve taken in years. However, be mindful of the drawbacks of taking payday loans and make sure that you can repay the full amount in due time to avoid exorbitant late fees. If fast money is a question of life and death for you, then do not hesitate to capitalize on the benefits offered by payday loans.