Lower blood pressure-If you feel severe fatigue, headaches, chest pain, and irregular heartbeat, then there can be chances that you suffer from high blood pressure or hypertension. It may get caused due to obesity, stress, lack of sleep, and other diseases. There are some simple tricks or techniques which help you to feel relax the blood vessels and the muscles which keep the blood pressure under control.
Here we have some ways to reduce your blood pressure fastly.
Massage your neck and ears
There are three spots between your head and neck which help you to lower the blood pressure within a few minutes.
- The first point is behind the earlobe and draws a downward imaginary line to the center of the collarbone, and here you will find the second point. Gently massage the neck with fingers with up and down movements. On both, the sides of your neck, repeat this exercise for ten times.
- The third point is on the face at a height of half cm from the ear. Massage this point with your fingertips for a minute in a clockwise movement.
If you massage these three spots, it will help you to get relief from the tension in the neck muscles. And it will restore the proper flow of blood to your brain.
Practice left nostril breathing.
Deep abdominal breathing in left nostril will help you control the level of your blood pressure. It will relax down the blood vessels and reduce the stress hormones.
How to do it:
- Firstly sit on the chair or the floor in a comfortable position and keep your back straight.
- Keep your left hand on the abdomen.
- With your right thumb, close your right nostril.
- Through the left nostril, take a deep breath and hold it for a few seconds and then breathing out.
- Through the left nostril only, breath deeply for about 3-5 minutes.
Listen to classical music can help you to lower blood pressure
According to researchers, you can lower down your blood pressure by listening to classical music by combining the music with meditation or some breathing exercises. This kind of music produces a calm effect on the body which reduces the cortisol, stress hormone.
This kind of music usually has very few changes in rhythm and volume and does not have lyrics. This music gets repeated at certain intervals.
Drink a glass of water
High blood pressure sometimes gets caused by dehydration. The volume of blood gets ed decreased in the body when you are dehydrated. On the contrary, the peripheral resistance gets increases.
You start feeling symptoms of hypertension in the case of dehydration. So you start drinking one or glasses of pure water. The water will help you to restore an adequate amount of blood in the body and will reduce the blood pressure.
The Wind Pool or GB 20 is the useful acupressure point for the treatment of high blood pressure. These points are present at the base of the skull in the depression on both the sides of the spine. Apply the steady pressure on these points with the thumbs to activate them. In one or two minutes, you will feel better.
Try hissing bee breathing
Hissing bee breathing is also known as Bhramari pranayama. It will help you to ease your mind and to get rid of the migraines and headaches that get associated with hypertension.
How to do it:
- By keeping your back straight sit on the floor in a comfortable position.
- Keep the index fingers on the cartilage of your ears.
- Take a deep breath.
- Make a humming sound when you exhale like a bee.
- At the same time, but the mild pressure on the ear cartilage.
- Repeat it for 7-10 times.
Bonus: It is an easy exercise to keep the blood pressure under control
It is an isometric handgrip exercise. In this exercise, the hand muscles get contracted and released when a person squeezes a stress ball. This exercise helps to improve the flexibility of the blood vessels, and the ability to relax down gets enhanced. You should perform this exercise for around 12-15 minutes for three times a week. The blood pressure level should drop by 10% after a month.