Natural tips to heal lung problems-You do not want to hinder your respiratory process because of the pollution that has gathered all around you. Lungs filter a large number of harmful substances in the air, but with so much pollution it is difficult for your lungs to work healthily.
Our respiratory system suffers at the hand of many harmful substances that we breathe in with the air. All these substances may lead up to some severe symptoms like shortness of breath, chest pain or maybe just a dry cough.
These symptoms may lead you to the chronic diseases like bronchitis, asthma, pulmonary embolism, and many others. If you have recently experienced any of these symptoms, then you should immediately gather the information below and try to adopt all these ways to keep your lungs healthy.
Protect your lungs from pollution
If you live in an area which has a high pollution rate, then you need to shield your respiratory system with the help of a mask from polluted substances. These masks are made out of active carbon or charcoal. There is also the more sophisticated one, P100 Particulate Filter for the highest level of protection.
Do not suppress coughing.
Many cough suppressants suppress a cough which is the exact opposite of what you are supposed to do. Coughing is a natural process which helps you get rid of the mucus when you are having a cold or the flu. Suppressing a cough will only lead you to a progression of an infection. So the next time when you have a terrible cold, use cough suppressants only when you feel significant discomfort.
Follow a healthy diet this is one of the best natural tips to heal lung problems.
Well, this point is a given. A healthy diet will shield your lungs without having to take any additional pills.
- Switching to an organic diet will always help.
- Try to avoid products containing preservatives and additives as well as processed or prepackaged food.
- A necessary amount of water is essential for so many things including keeping your lungs healthy.
- Do not take beta-carotene supplements if you smoke, or better yet quit smoking.
Some exercises go a long way
Exercises are not just necessary for your external look but are also vital for the internal organs for a proper flow of vitamins and minerals to your lungs. Some exercises that you should do:
Read more: Getting rid of cold was never this easy
Chinese exercise is one of the natural tips to heal lung problems
Initial position- sitting in a chair or on the floor.
1. Inhale while lifting your arms in front of you and breathe out.
2. Inhale while moving your arms at your sides at shoulder level and exhale.
3. Inhale while lifting your arms up above your head and exhale.
4. Return to the initial position.
Repeat this ten to twelve times.
Initial position- Standing straight on the floor with your feet close together.
1. Bend downwards slowly, as far as you can reach.
2. Push out as much air as you can from your lungs.
3. Return to the initial position and inhale.
Disclaimer- Do not do this exercise if you have pain in your lower back or legs.
The stronger your lungs are, the better you feel. Now, to make it possible you need to do some breathing exercises that will help your respiratory system a great deal.
Pursed lip breathing
1. Breathe in through your nose for two to three seconds.
2. Slowly breathe out through pursed lips for four to nine seconds.
Position- Lying on your back.
1. Place one hand on your belly and the other on your chest.
2. Breathe in through your nose for two to three seconds, stretching your stomach out.
3. Breathe out through pursed lips by softly pressing on your belly for three to four seconds.
Duration- 5 minutes.
Initial position- Sit comfortably in padmasana pose on the floor.
1. Close one side of your nostrils with a finger and inhale deeply.
2. Close the other one and exhale.
3. Breathe in from the side of the nostrils through which you just exhaled.
4. Close the other side of nostrils and breathe out.
Continue this process for 3 minutes if you are a beginner. Continue it for 15-20 minutes if you already do the exercise.
Quite an informative rollercoaster, wasn’t it? Practice these and keep your lungs healthy.